Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Adirondack Thanksgiving

OK, so it's not the full on Adirondack Thanksgiving, because we definitely had some important folks that couldn't make it. However, last week (while Doug was hard at work in Colorado) I started feeling sad that we would not be spending Thanksgiving together. Even more so I felt bad that he was going to be deprived of yet another turkey dinner. So in the short time that he was home this week, we threw together a Thanksgiving feast fit for a king... or a Dougie!

This was my first time ever cooking a full turkey and I have to admit I was little nervous about it. Not to mention the fact that you have to prepare side dishes as well. Any number of things can go wrong. God love my mom, she's made countless Thanksgiving dinners by herself and rarely messes anything up. But if there is one thing I learned this Thanksgiving it's that potlucks are the way to go. Each person can really concentrate on one dish and make it truly special. Thus, this was our menu:

Turkey w/ gravy
Sausage, Apple, and Cranberry Dressing
Sweet Potato Casserole
Cornbread Pudding (aka Swik Souffle)
Stuffed Mushrooms
Onion Pie
Cranberry Sauce
Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Honey Balsamic Glaze
Homemade Baguettes
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie

And this was us enjoying all our hard work

No comments: